Thursday, December 13, 2018

SELF-LOVE: ‘I Always Steal My Friends’ Boyfriends, and I Can’t Stop!’

"Making out with your friend’s prom date isn’t a “frustrating situation” that you passively land in, beyond your control. Stealing away with your close friend’s crush isn’t a casual blooper that “seems to keep cropping up,” one that only has consequences because it violates some secret, hard-to-decipher “girl code.” Developing a crush on your new friend’s boyfriend isn’t a “pretty benign” scenario that you just need to “develop the skills to manage.” You’re telling an inaccurate story about how you keep falling into emotional quicksand. But you’re not a fool for unrequited love. You’re an emotional terrorist on a single-minded quest."

Read the full article here:  ‘I Always Steal My Friends’ Boyfriends, and I Can’t Stop!’

2018-12-13  [P-B]


No comments:

Post a Comment