Sunday, June 17, 2018

MOVIE : DVD : The Tale of The Princess Kaguya

A new addition to the Pseudo Boethius DVD Library:



Barnes and Noble sent me a coupon for Father's Day. So, right before the closed on Sunday, I went there and picked up a few things.  This DVD is one of them. 

I will often wander into the Barnes and Noble DVD section just to see what they have.  I almost never buy any DVD's anymore, but it's always fun to look.  I saw this film in their foreign films section, and something about it made me very curious and interested, though I have never seen it before, nor never heard about it.  I put it on my list of DVD's to buy however, and today I can cross this one off my list. 

This is truly one of the most visually beautiful films I've ever seen.  It's as if they decided they wanted to make an animated movie out of watercolors. 

One good Japanese animated film is worth one thousand hours of psychology, philosophy and theology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment